The Charleston area boasts 6 hotels in the distinguished 2013 Travel+Leisure World's Best Awards Readers Survey. For twelve consecutive months, a winner will be selected by the Charleston Area CVB to experience a getaway package from one of these top properties.
Three Steps To Enter
To enter to win, register below and then tag your Tweets and Instagram photos with #TakeMeToChs.
Register as a participant
You only need to submit this form one time. Additional submissions will not increase your chances.
Follow either twitter.com/explorechs
Share with others
To become officially entered into the sweepstakes, you must have a qualified Tweet or Instagram photo or video that corresponds to your entry information in step 1.
Simply use the hashtag #TakeMeToChs
on Twitter or Instagram to complete your entry!
For twelve consecutive months, we'll give away one trip per month.
Good luck, y’all!
Charleston Place Hotel
A gathering point for local society, this Orient-Express hotel blends gentility and old-world charm with a leading-edge spa and innovative cuisine.
Charleston Place: Grill Gourmet Package
Set in the heart of downtown Charleston, the Charleston Place hotel is the perfect location to explore the region's colorful history and outstanding natural beauty. Revel in the warmth of our Southern Hospitality with a sumptuous dinner for two in the award-winning Charleston Grill.
This special package includes:
Restrictions: Subject to availability. Dinner in Charleston Grill is limited to $120 per room, per stay, and must be used during your stay. Dinner reservations are recommended; please contact the concierge prior to arrival.
- Luxury accommodations
- Dinner for two at Charleston Grill
- Sparkling wine and a special amenity
- Daily continental breakfast for two in the Palmetto Café
CHARLESTON AREA CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
TO ENTER: Enter online at TakeMeToCharleston.com, fully complete the registration, and create a qualified post on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag, #TakeMeToChs. Posts should be positive in nature, and in keeping with the tourism promotion strategy of the Charleston Area CVB. Entries that contain inappropriate language or negative themes will not be valid. Registrants can complete the registration one time using one handle. Registrants may use more than one handle, however, qualified registrants are only eligible to win one of the 12 giveaways.
PRIZES: One lodging package valid for two people each will be given away each month between August, 2013 and July 2014. Complete descriptions of what is included in each giveaway can be obtained by submitting a written request to: TakeMeToChs Sweeps Info Request: Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 423 King Street, Charleston, SC 29401. Only overnight accommodations for two people at the designated property for each month’s prize is guaranteed. Other package components, transportation and meals will vary and may or may not be included in the prize package. Lodging packages will have restrictions and they are all subject to availability.
DRAWING: Among the qualified registrants, 10 entries will be drawn at random. Of those 10, a winner will be determined for that month based on a selection of the most qualified tweets or images displayed during the sweepstakes period. Selection will confidential panel of tourism officials will make final selections. Drawing to be conducted on or about the first day of each month between August 2013 and July 2014 from all eligible entries An independent judge whose decisions are final shall conduct random drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizewinner will be expected to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release. Prizewinner will be notified email and/or by social media.
Once notified, winners will have 24 hours to respond and validate receipt.
ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal U.S. residents (except FL residents). Employees and the immediate family or those living in the same household as employees of the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (sponsor), Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local laws. South Carolina law governs this sweepstakes.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner is responsible for federal, state and local taxes and all other expenses associated with the prize not explicitly stated herein as being awarded. All elements of sweepstakes offer are based on availability and some black out dates may apply. Travel must be completed in accordance to the terms of the particular package awarded, which will vary by month. Certificates without redemption codes are void and have no value. Lost, stolen or misplaced certificates cannot and will not be replaced. This certificate is void if copied, sold and otherwise prohibited. Any use of certificates, other than that expressly provided for above, constitutes fraud. No substitution of prizes permitted by winners. Prize is not for resale, cannot be redeemed for cash, is not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be used in conjunction with any discount, premium or rebate offer. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, social media handles, photographs and likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Prize is subject to change. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these Official Rules or advertising for this sweepstakes, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree at all times to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, injuries, death, accidents, losses or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from any and all activity related to entering and/or participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of prize. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level per the above; the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated entry forms. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Winners agree that Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and promotion agencies shall not be liable for injuries or losses of any kind resulting from acceptance of or use of prize. Entries that are obtained through unauthorized sources are void. By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules. For the names of prizewinner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after 07/31/2014 to: TakeMeToChs Sweeps Winners' List, Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 423 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403. REQUESTS RECEIVED WITHOUT A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE WILL NOT BE FILLED. Sweepstakes sponsor: Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 423 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403.
1) You do not need to provide consideration to anyone to enter.
2) No purchase necessary.
3) Winners will receive a minimum of a two night stay for two people at a hotel property designated by the CACVB.
Expiration dates will not be extended, and gift certificates will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time; nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen.
4) To enter, complete and submit the form on the sweepstakes entry page, become a follower of @ExploreChs on Twitter or @Explorecharleston on Instagram, broadcast at least one qualified post on either Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TakeMeToChs under the handle provided with the corresponding sweeps registration. Qualifed registrant’s Twitter and/or Instagram account and profile must be publicly accessible.
5) Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules & Regulations.
6) The contest is run by the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (CACVB) and participating partners, who is solely responsible for conducting the contest and for awarding the prize.
7) The Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will not share the information collected from Sweepstakes entries with any other party, unless given consent by registrant. By entering your email address on the sweepstakes entry form, you consent to receive promotional email from the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
8) Entries must be received before contest closing date. the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, or misdirected entries, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules & Regulations. Entrants also agree that the CACVB is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from Sweepstakes and its prizes. the CACVB is not liable for damage to a user's computer system in any way due to an entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any information in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction. the CACVB reserves the right to modify or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes technically corrupted.
9) Entrants agree that the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and participating sweepstakes partners shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s) or participation in Sweepstakes. Winners and travel companions must sign a release form and have the form notarized. The form releases all of the participating companies and sweepstakes partners from liability arising from the prize.
10) Entrants must be US residents at least 21 years of age.
11) Employees of the CACVB, their ad and e-marketing agencies, (and members of the immediate families of each) may not enter.
12) Once a registrant has been selected as a winner one time, he is no longer eligible to win another prize package for the remainder of this sweepstakes.
13) As each winner is determined, monthly. Winner will be notified by email. If the winner does not respond to the email within one week, they will forfeit the prize, and a new winner will be selected. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Package is valid based on availability.
14) Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibilities of the winner. Prize awarded based on availability. All expenses not specifically part of the prize according to the contest entry page, including transportation, are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must accept any restrictions, availability and travel blackout dates that may apply before taking receipt of the prize. It is the winner’s responsibility to verify black out dates and availability before traveling. Winner must meet eligibility requirements for airline travel and vehicle rental if applicable. Void where restricted by law; federal, state and local laws apply. Void in Florida and New York. No substitution for prize. Prize is not transferable, and is not redeemable for cash. Decision of judges is final.
15) For winner's name, send the contest name and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Director of Marketing, CACVB, Marketing Department, 423 King St, Charleston, SC 29403.